Season Two of the Hit Television Series The Tourist is Being Filmed in Ireland

 



Ireland continues to be a magnet for international film production, as evidenced by the hit television series The Tourist, which started off in Australia for season one before heading over to Ireland for season two. 

The show features Jamie Dornan as Elliott and Danielle Macdonald as Helen, who travel to Ireland to find answers about Elliot’s identity, but instead are forced to face the dangerous consequences of his past actions. 

Season two filming is taking place in various locations around Ireland, including Dublin the capitol city and various locations in Wicklow, such as the seaside town of Bray, the rural village of Kilpedder and the stunning Wicklow Mountains, just south of Dublin.

Irish actor Jamie Dornan, who plays the lead role of Elliot and is the executive producer of season two, talks about his experience in this video, available on Tourism Ireland's You Tube channel.

 

Here are some excerpts from the interview:

What do you think about series two will appeal to international audiences?

I find, having left Ireland 22 years ago and travelled pretty much everywhere since, there's a real intrigue with Ireland. People are just fascinated by Ireland, and I feel like everybody sort of has a bit of a love for the place and the people. Usually if they've been here, they think of it and speak of it very fondly. So hopefully that's a big appeal, we're showcasing Ireland in a big way with loads of Irish talent and some very funny Irish people.

How does it feel to bring the show home to Ireland?

It's amazing. The first day of shooting we were in Kilpedder in Wicklow, and I was walking through the trees and the worst rain I think I've ever seen came in and I thought, this is what it's like to film in Ireland. I had sort of forgotten it being three or four years since I filmed here but Ireland is beautiful. I've been to parts of Ireland that I'd never been to before. We predominantly filmed in Dublin and Wicklow, but we've managed to travel a little bit outside of there and got to showcase what a beautiful place Ireland is.

Working with an Irish crew having the same sort of sense of humor has been great. It's been a dream to shoot here.

You will always get different experiences. I think season one of The Tourist was one of those times where we'd all been in lockdown for a year, and then we flew to Australia to shoot the show in the Outback. Everyone was in a tiny little town at the same pub every night and so it was one of those experiences where everyone was family instantly. It was beautiful and it was something we all needed after being locked up for a year. This is also the first time I’ve brought back a character; I haven't ever done a continuous show before. So, it has been a completely different experience for me, and I think that is probably the biggest difference between any other project I've done.

What has been your favorite location to film and why?

My favorite location was where we filmed by a lighthouse in Wicklow, on Wicklow Beach. There were three lighthouses there, and I couldn't figure out why there were three. I then found out one was built and couldn’t be seen by the ocean, so then they built another one and accidentally did the same thing. So, then they built a third, which I just thought was hilarious. There were also wild horses running around set. It was just so stunningly beautiful.

Read more about Ireland's favored status as a film location site because of its startling beauty and its robust film industry that includes talented actors, technicians and location scouts.  

Discover more at https://www.ireland.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

General Edward L. Logan, Namesake of Boston's Logan International Airport

Damian McGinty, former Celtic Thunder Star, Performs in Hartford and Providence this Fall

Commemorate the 25th Anniversary of Boston Irish Famine Memorial on June 28, 2023